Bryson's Blog

Living with Trisomy 13

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bryson is a Heavenly Angel


It is with great sadness that I have to tell you all that have followed this blog for the last three plus years, that Bryson has gained his Angel Wings. He was an angel sent to this earth, to this family to teach us about unconditional, complete and fulfilling love. He did all that by just being Bryson. He passed away on Wednesday afternoon at 3:23 p.m. on February 24th, 2010. His mommy, Dana, the one who put so much of her life and love to care for Bryson was by his side. He went bravely, he went peacefully with no pain as he enters into the next realm. There will be no more pain from this earth or from his fragile body. He taught me so much in his short 3 years, 8 months and 15 days. He taught me how to never take anything in life for granted. Every day is precious. Every day should be lived with the strength of will and perseverance that he showed to us. We should all be so brave. He taught us all what it is to love someone without rules, without boundaries, without conditions. He drew us all closer as a family. Bryson's memory will be preserved with our memories of loving him.

To those doctors, nurses, case workers who all could see something extraordinary in Bryson by giving him the best and appropriate care, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you for not seeing a disability or diagnosis, for seeing a little child with special needs in a special place in our hearts. Please learn from Bryson, that just because a textbook says one thing that as an human being, we chart our own paths, we do as our will tells us to do. It was Bryson's will to stay with us long enough to complete his objectives, to teach what the human condition of love really is all about.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Dana & Travis:
My heart is with you. I am so sorry about Bryson. I am so sorry. The world has lost an angel, for sure. I know he is in the arms of God. Bryson was given the perfect mom and dad in you and Travis. No one could love that boy more or care for him as much as you did. You did everything to give him the best. And he knew and felt your love. I know your loss is so great. I pray you will feel the arms of God wrapped around you to comfort you, because he knows how you feel. Love, Aunt Carol O.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know your family however have graciously followed this blog. I pray for you during this difficult time. I thank you all for sharing Bryson with us the blog world. He is a beautiful addition to heaven just as he was in life.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was so sorry to hear of Bryson's death. We parents who have lost our children have a broken heart. My thoughts and prayers go to you all, Travis, Dana and Dori especially, at this time.

Laurel,
Beth Cohen Nault's mom

1:06 PM  
Blogger Ken Kieffer said...

Prayers from Bryson's Make A Wish family.

Trina, Jim & Ken

11:00 PM  
Blogger sherry said...

Travis and Dana, Iam so very sorry to hear about your loss. Our paths crossed for only a short time, but it was long enough to have Bryson touch my heart.He was an angel then and Gods angel now. He was a wonderful little boy. My heartfelt sympathy and all my prayers are with you. Sherry (respite worker from N.Y.)

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana & Travis,

I am so sad to learn that charming Bryson is no longer here to delight us. I am no longer with Pierce County - you can reach me here: storieland@yahoo.com. I have some photos of Bryson I would love to share with you.

April Storie

11:03 AM  
Blogger Spooky said...

Dear Dana and Travis ~ You have our deepest sympathies upon the loss of Bryson. We hope you will find comfort in knowing your little BEAN is safe and happy within the loving arms of his Great Grandma ~ we imagine them on that beach now; both running, playing, laughing. With love from Aunt Susan and Uncle Bob

4:41 PM  
Anonymous L said...

My deepest sympathy to you. I've followed your blog for several years. Bryson was close in age to my son. My heart aches for you and your family. I know the days ahead won't be easy but please keep us updated on your beautiful family. All the best to you all.

8:45 PM  
Blogger carolcmcdowell said...

Dear Dana and Travis-My heartfelt prayers and caring are with you as you continue your love journey in a new way. God certainly knew he was giving Bryson the best when he placed him in your care-as he knew the huge gift he was giving the two of you. Jackie, Joe and I will hold you in our hearts knowing that God is watching over you in these tough days. God bless on this path-Aunt Carol

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dana & Travis,
I am so sorry to hear about Bryson's passing. What a wonderful family you are and what beautiful evidence of true love. He is a precious little boy who knew only love. I will pray for your family. This is a diificult journey and God will be there with you as will your son.
God Bless,
Kelly
mommy to angel Karrae
http://livingwithtrisomy13.org/memoriesofKarrae.htm

9:47 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

I just saw on the LWT13 website that Bryson passed away a couple weeks ago and my heart fell...along with the tears on my face. I'm so sorry. My angel didn't live for 3 1/2 years, she only lived for 32 minutes, but I know a little bit about how you must be feeling. Just wanted to tell you I'm praying for God's strength, comfort and peace to invade your lives in the days, weeks, and months ahead without your precious little boy. (((HUGS)))
Love Tami, Angeliyah's Mommy

10:38 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Thank you to all who have posted your condolences here. The family appreciates your kind thoughts and words. We wish that Bryson could have stayed longer, but he stayed long enough to teach those who knew him, loved him and cared for him about a kind of love so pure, so sweet, so fulfilling. Our hearts break from his absence from our lives, but know that he has more deeds to fulfill as God's little angel.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I have never met you, but your story has been one that has impacted me in ways that is difficult to describe. I had a baby with Trisomy 13 in 2008 and it was Bryson's story that gave me the hope to put one foot in front of another through my pregnancy. My heart breaks for your loss and please know that I am praying for you. I wrote about Bryson on my blog. I hope that is okay. Please let me know if you would prefer I take it down.

My heart breaks for you. But please know that God has used Bryson in a big way to help others, me in particular. Thank you so much for sharing his life with us.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home