Bryson's Blog

Living with Trisomy 13

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back Home Again

Bryson came back home again on Saturday. Nursing care has been switched to nights. Daisy is working the night shift Monday through Friday and Doug on weekends for now. He is doing okay now.

I am in the process of adapting clothing for him to wear as it is difficult to dress Bryson. Tee Shirts are near impossible to put on him as he has his feeding tube and traech that would get in the way. I bought some tee shirts in a larger size and have cut them from the neck down the sleeves and placed velcro tabs on the openings. They make a soft velcro for babies now and that's what I'm using. I hope it works out. I have a few more to finish and a special surprise to make and I'll ship them off sometime this week. I hadn't thought about it but there really is a need for adaptive clothes. They make them for adults, but there is nothing on the internet for children. If it works out, perhaps, it's a business I could start. Through the years I've found it terribly hard to find toys and theraputic things appropriate for Bryson and what is offered in Adaptive Catalogs such as "Abilitations" is quite expensive and has limited use. We've had to be very innovative when it comes to Bryson, his care and development. It's really amazing some of the things we've come up with. All very ingenious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home