Bryson's Blog

Living with Trisomy 13

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A time for healing

I know it's been a long time since I've posted last. The last post was the hardest thing I've ever had to write in my life. I never thought I'd have that message to send to those who have followed Bryson's story. The story of course doesn't end. We are still trying to cope with the loss of such a precious, dynamic presence in our lives. It will never be the same again. We are forever changed. We were changed the day that Bryson graced us with his presence. He was and I believe still is a ray of hope to others who are blessed to have a special angel brought into their lives. Dana and Travis have had to live through their grieving separately as Travis had to go back to Iraq in late March. Please continue to keep them both in your thoughts and prayers as they need their hearts to heal.

Dana has come to visit me here in South Carolina and I think the change of scenery has been good for her. She is in Orlando visiting her father Dan now. She will be back in South Carolina then we'll travel hopefully to Washington, DC and Indiana to see my father (her grandfather) who will soon be 91 years young! We will travel on a cross country trek and hopefully will take in the beautiful sights of this great land. I hope that perhaps we'll take time to see some of the great Museums in Chicago, Wisconsin Dells, The House on the Rock, Mt. Rushmore, Billings and Bozeman Montana, Yellowstone, Spokane and Yakima Washington and finally, back to Tacoma. Frankly I'd like another shot at Mount Rainier. Then I'll fly back home to South Carolina.

As for Dana and I, it's long drives in a car, going places, we've never been, new adventures, seeing nature, wandering out on our own that will be most healing for both of us. To reconnect, to reflect, to enjoy each other's company, to bond. She and I are more like girlfriends sometimes that I have to remind her of TMI! Too much information! There are some things Moms just don't wanna know. We are very close, similar in many ways but different in many others. She is more progressive, and I am conservative. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone mistook us for sisters. What a compliment to me and I might be biased, but I think my Dana is beautiful, charming and funny.

There's so much too see, so much to do and I like to travel with my kids. This time, it will be a bit like Thelma and Louise, saying the heck with the rest of the world and the way this year has been so hard on us, except I promise we won't be outlaw heroines like Thelma and Louise. Maybe there will be a Brad Pitt type character that can squeeze into the back seat of a Honda Civic! One can only hope...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

this is roni i used to live next door to dana in washington. u and dana need to remember i live in rapid city,sd and i can show you everything in south dakota style. lol. let me know 605-430-0929

11:32 PM  
Blogger April Storie said...

I confess that I return to Bryson's Blog occasionally just in case he isn't really gone. Miss you guys.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

Thank you for coming back April. It's been really a very very hard year without Bryson. Tomorrow is the anniversary of his death and it still seems so unreal, that was it? That is all the time we had? It just doesn't seem fair at all and I wish like you, he wasn't really gone. He meant the world to me, to all of us. I'm so sorry that it's taken so long to respond, but I didn't get notice of your comment posting. And I came here to write a memorial. Writing is cathartic and I'm hoping for some inspiration rather than so much crying. Thank you for caring, that means a lot to us.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home